About Greeley-Weld County Airport, Greeley, CO
Greeley–Weld County Airport is a public use airport owned by the Greeley–Weld County Airport Authority. The airport is situated three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Greeley, Colorado. Greeley–Weld County Airport covers an area of 1,198 acres (485 ha) at an elevation of 4,697 feet (1,432 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 17/35 is 10,000 by 100 ft (3,048 by 30 m) and 10/28 is 5,801 by 100 ft (1,768 by 30 m). It also has two helipads designated H1 and H2, each with concrete surface measuring 20 by 20 ft (6.1 by 6.1 m).
The airport opened in June 1944, as Greeley Municipal Airport. In September of the same year, it was dedicated as Crosier Field in honor of World War II aviator Clarence F. "Red" Crosier. Joint ownership by the City of Greeley and Weld County began in 1963, with a new terminal and hangars added throughout that decade. The Greeley–Weld County Airport Authority was established in 1978 and is responsible for operation and development of the airport. In 2000, a new 10,000-foot (3,000 m) runway and a new terminal were opened.
Categorized as a general aviation facility, Greeley–Weld County Airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011-2015. For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 143,000 aircraft operations, an average of 391 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 195 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine, 13% multi-engine, 2% jet, and 2% helicopter.