What are Lingual Braces?
Braces have been one of the most common treatments in correcting a patient's smile or mouth health. These are primarily used to close the gaps and straighten the teeth. It is also used to correct problems such as overbite, underbite, crossbite in the upper and lower jaw. Read more about posterior treatment.
Lingual braces work similarly to traditional braces. The difference is that the archwire, brackets, and ligatures are located on the lingual (tongue-side) of the teeth. These are the least conspicuous of all the types of braces and because of that, it has been a popular choice of treatment of teens and adults. Take a look at our other options for Orthodontics treatment for adults at Greeley, CO.
Want to learn more about Lingual Braces? Schedule an appointment with us today if you're near Greeley Colorado or around the area.
How does InBrace Lingual Braces work?
Lingual braces work like conventional Inbrace that has the brackets and wires located on the front surface of the teeth like the Dental braces. However, its placement on the lingual side of the teeth can create complications not just to the patient, but to the orthodontist as well. One obvious complication is that there isn’t enough space for the upper and lower teeth to accommodate braces. Custom-made brackets are prepared by CAD / CAM. Read on for more of what is involved in this procedure:
- Clinical Evaluation – before you can choose lingual braces for correcting your smile, one of our expert dentists will perform a detailed examination of your teeth to determine the severity of your case. He or she will also study the models and radiographic images of your teeth in order to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
- Making Impressions of your Teeth - We’ll thoroughly clean your teeth before we make an impression of your smile. Then we will use a special 3-D scanner to record the impression of your teeth in the upper and lower jaw.
- Cast and set-up - The lab technician will produce a cast of your teeth based on the impressions. They will modify it according to the dentist's instructions and produce a setup for your case. The set-up is a mock-up of the teeth when it is in perfect alignment.
- Fabrication of Treatment Plan -The mock-up dimensions will be digitized in a computer with special 3D imaging software. A special CAD (computer-aided design) will design the brackets to be made specifically for your teeth. Brackets for each tooth are custom-designed separately.
- Production - A computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software will use the design data to create the brackets through CNC milling machines. Robotic bending will be used again to prepare the archwire.
- The applicator tray- The fabricated brackets will be embedded in the applicator tray, a stent that fits over the teeth perfectly and holds the brackets in proper alignment for the dentist to perform the bonding procedure. The finished product is sent to the dentist. The attachment of the brackets to the teeth is done on the next appointment. This involves the following steps:
- Teeth preparation - The teeth will be cleaned first and roughened to permit proper bonding.
- Cement application - A cement will be applied over the brackets using an applicator tray.
- Bonding - The applicator tray will then be pressed precisely against the teeth and all the brackets of the jaw and is bonded simultaneously.
- Removal of the tray - When the cement has cured, the dentist will break away the tray which will leave the brackets firmly seated to the teeth. Excess bonding can be scraped away.
- The archwire - The archwire can then be placed. Ligatures are not needed.
Advantages of Lingual Braces
They are popular with our patients because they are virtually undetectable when they smile, letting them to confidently share their gorgeous smiles while undergoing treatment. While Invisalign provides similar cosmetic benefits, concealed braces are always on and working to provide you with the results you desire. Unlike Invisalign, you won't have to remove and clean transparent aligners every time you eat. You also don't have to be concerned about misplacing or losing them.
Hidden Braces are for you if you are an athlete, a musician who plays a wind instrument, or a patient who is not a candidate for Invisalign® but wants a more inconspicuous orthodontic treatment alternative.
Lingual Braces Length of treatment
At our nearby Taft Hill Orthodontics office, the length of the treatment will depend on the patient’s case but it normally ranges from one to three years. When the tooth has been aligned properly it will be removed then you'll wear a set of removable or fixed retainers to ensure that your bite won’t return to its original position.
Health insurance plans normally do not include lingual braces treatment for patients over eighteen years old, but supplementary plans may be available. But the expense on braces tax will be tax-deductible if the total amount exceeds a certain limit. This needs to be checked before you get your braces. For any plan, make sure you can get the best percentage they can cover and its lifetime maximums. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hardy for consultation if you're near Greeley, CO.
What orthodontic problems can Hidden lingual braces treat?
Lingual Braces Near Me
If you are near Greeley, CO, make an appointment with us today!
- Braces cost. https://health.costhelper.com/braces.html
- Lingual orthodontic brackets comparison in terms of speech performance and patients' acceptance
- Transparency market research (2019)