Many would like to achieve straighter teeth but don’t want to wear traditional metal braces as the brackets and wires show up when they talk or smile, and the discomfort that goes along with it. That’s where Invisalign comes in.
Invisalign aligners are clear plastic aligners custom made to straighten your teeth. Unlike metal braces that use brackets and wires to straighten the teeth, Invisalign uses a custom set of trays to straighten it. Each tray is manufactured to be slightly straighter than the previous tray. Every two weeks, you’ll receive a new set. Each tray slowly moves the teeth up to 0.25mm per tray.
Invisalign Treatment Timeline
The average treatment time of Invisalign for adults is 12 months. For teens, the treatment time can vary. Moreover, the severity of the case also affects the treatment time. Your doctor will work along with you so they can develop a treatment plan that meets your needs. Read How much does invisalign cost
Invisalign is a great alternative to metal braces, but it still has its limitations. There are orthodontic cases where Invisalign won’t work as effectively as traditional braces work. Invisalign is fit for moderate cases while traditional braces are great at treating complex teeth issues.
Generally, Invisalign can treat the following:
- Mild overbite
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
Once we know that you are the right candidate for Invisalign, we’ll take a detailed record of your teeth such as:
- Digital x-rays
- Digital scan of your teeth
- Photographs of your teeth and face
These records are then sent to the lab along with detailed instructions of how the teeth should move. Our in-house dentist will use advanced 3D computer imaging technology to develop a treatment plan starting from its original position up to the desired position. At this stage, it is crucial that a skilled professional is needed to create high-quality custom-made aligners. The manufacture of the trays will take four to 5 weeks to complete. When the trays arrive at our office, we’ll be ready to straighten your teeth. Learn more about Invisalign aligners
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign can be taken out whenever you eat or drink. Therefore you won’t have any restrictions compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, which means it is a perfect choice if you don’t want to have metal brackets and wires showing when you smile.
- Brushing and flossing are easier with Invisalign aligners because you can remove these aligners when brushing and flossing. This makes it easy to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can remove the aligners temporarily when taking photos, participating in sports, or any other special occasion.