Clear braces treatment Greeley , CO
Clear braces are used to correct crowded and crooked teeth and jaws in the same way that traditional braces do, but using translucent or tooth-colored brackets.
What are Clear Bracket Braces?
Traditionally, metallic braces have been used for correcting orthodontic problems in children and adolescents. The earliest models are now nick-named as "metal-mouth" braces.
Thanks to modern dentistry, patients are not bound to wear those ugly metal braces as today they have a choice. They can choose for the braces to be invisible, or have them in various colors to match their mood. In fact, in poorer societies, dental braces are considered a sure sign of affluence. In the developed countries, however, metallic braces are normally considered as an aesthetic handicap, because those are visible and hence, the wearer looks conspicuous.
Because people prefer their braces hidden, the dental industry has come up with various methods to reduce the visibility of the braces. This increases the cost but most patients prefer a more invisible brace than their more affordable counterpart. The most visible parts are the metallic archwire that runs across the front of the teeth in the jaw, and the row of brackets on the individual teeth. The archwire will need to remain metallic as it needs to be strong and durable. However, it can be made to match the color of the natural teeth to make it nearly visible.
The archwire is attached to the brackets with the help of colored or stock elastic bands. The material used for these brackets is ceramic, an oxide of aluminum, these braces are also called ceramic braces. The elastic bands which hold the brackets to the arch wire can also be made clear or tooth-colored.
How do Ceramic Braces Work?
How these clear braces work is similar to traditional wire braces. The main member of the archwire runs along with the teeth of the jaw from one end to the other. Even in ceramic braces, the wires are made of stainless steel but to make it invisible, it is made to match the natural color of your tooth. It can also be made frosted or into silver. The archwire is the one responsible for exerting pressure on the teeth by the use of ceramic brackets attached to each tooth. The brackets are bonded to the teeth directly or through orthodontic bands, and held to the archwire through tooth-colored elastic bands.
The pressure applied by the archwire on the brackets are transferred to the teeth. The pressure level is adjusted by the dentist in such a way that it moves to the desired position but it won't cause any pain as much as possible. As the teeth move to the desired position, the pressure is released. The archwire will need to be re-adjusted to cause further movement. The adjustments are performed monthly or at fortnightly intervals at the dentist’s office. The procedure repeats regularly for one to four years depending on the severity of the case and the age of the patient. When the braces are in their proper teeth alignment, these will be removed. Your oral surgeon will advise you to wear plastic retainers or tooth guards to prevent the teeth from moving back to their original position.
some of the Transparent Orthodontic brackets manufacturers
3M Oral Care
Pros and Cons
Clear braces are becoming a popular choice for teenagers and pediatric patients alike for many reasons. At the same time, they offer multiple advantages compared to metallic braces. Let us discuss the pros and cons of both:
- Esthetics – The main reason for choosing ceramic braces is its esthetic appeal. Clear braces are less conspicuous than metal braces. The brackets of ceramic braces are semi-translucent which is better for white teeth, it can also be tooth-colored ceramic which is better for dark-colored teeth.
- Minimal Irritation – compared to the traditional invisible braces, these types of braces do not irritate the gums. Therefore, they are less painful to the patient compared to other dental appliances.
- Cost - Clear braces are more expensive than traditional Metal Braces. Not everybody will be able to afford this treatment.
- Staining -The ligatures of ceramic braces can be made clear or white. It may stain if not taken care of. You'll need to avoid consuming foods that can cause stains to your ligatures.
- Lower Strength than Metallic Braces – Clear braces are not advised in excessive teeth and jaw alignment cases as the brackets may crack due to the force it needs to straighten the teeth. Thus cases of severe misalignment of teeth or severe cases of the improper bite will not be given ceramic braces.
Shortened treatment time
Braces have clear brackets!
Sets Customized to your Mouth
Affordable Treatment through Advanced Technology
Ceramic bracket braces for Adults in Greeley, Colorado
This type is of treatment is great for Dental braces adult, especially to those who are worried about how they'll look with metal braces. These small, translucent brackets are made to blend with the natural color of your teeth so that they are virtually invisible and more comfortable.
Kids Clear Braces Greeley: Affordable
Kids and teens choose this type of Kids orthodontics because they have the option of changing their appearance. They can choose to have their braces blend into their tooth color and be nearly invisible. Or they can add colorful ligatures or bands to match their clothing or mood. This type is strong and suitable for correcting all types of bite issues.
How to take care?
Clear braces cannot be as not as strong as their metallic counterparts, and these are more expensive. Hence it needs to have better care compared to all-metal braces. The following points are worth noting:
- Foods to avoid- When you choose white or clear braces they offer a more invisible look. But you need to be extra careful as there are foods that can easily stain the porous components especially the bands attaching the brackets to the archwire. Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, consuming tomato products, berries, drink coffee, or other foods that have rich artificial food coloring.
- Oral hygiene- Brushing after every meal is a common method to keep your teeth clean. When you have braces, you need to be more thorough in cleaning your teeth as there are parts of the braces such as wires and brackets in which food particles can get trapped under it causing plaque formation. Brushing and flossing twice a day and rinsing your mouth after eating foods, can help prevent the buildup of plaque. Your dentist may advise the use of a special interdental toothbrush.
- Regular checkup visits- Dentists can do more than just placing braces in your mouth. They can check if the dental appliances work as planned, provide dental cleaning that your toothbrushes won’t be able to do, and prevent any oral disease and treat it before it gets worse.
- Avoid whitening toothpaste- Do not use teeth whitening toothpaste when you have clear braces. This type of toothpaste will leave dark patches under the braces which makes it harder to clean when the braces have been removed from your teeth. Additionally, whitening toothpaste may chemically affect the color of the brackets.
Clear braces cost
The Cost of Clear Braces can go higher compared to other types of braces, mainly due to aesthetics. For instance, the cost in Greeley, CO will depend on the severity of the case. Metallic braces, on the other hand, cost less than clear braces. Despite the cost difference, ceramic braces continue to be very popular because of their aesthetic appeal.
For most patients, the best benefit of getting braces is having a perfect smile, but that’s just a part of the reason why you need this treatment. The most important benefit is how it can fix alignment and bite issues. This means that you’ll have fewer cavities and a healthier smile. Thus it makes a lot of sense to have perfectly aligned teeth. The biggest benefit of dental braces is having a more appealing smile, but just as important is that it is easier to keep your teeth clean after fixing issues with your bite.
It makes perfect sense to look for orthodontists that are near your home or work to save time and money on transportation. Look for the best specialist nearby who has great patient reviews. Our team at Taft Hill Orthodontics has the expertise and education, as well as offer financing options that fit every need. We accept PPO and offer in-house financing.
how much do clear braces cost?
Clear braces would on average range between $3,500 to $8,000 for a full mouth of braces. These Ceramic braces are a little more than Traditional/Metal braces ($3,000 to $ 7,500), but they are not as much as Lingual braces ($8,000 to $13,000), which are hidden braces placed on the inside of the teeth.
Insurance may help pay up to $3,000. Payment plans usually start at $89 per month.
Experienced expert at bite correction Greeley, Colorado
Taft Hill Orthodontics in Greeley, CO offers these kinds of discreet orthodontic appliances that are not only strong, but looks great on your smile as well. Contact us at our Greeley office today and begin your journey towards a straighter smile. Our Colorado office is located near you and we can’t wait to see you.
See our Clear Braces Colorado page for additional information.
What orthodontic problems can braces with clear brackets treat?
Gaps in teeth
FAQs for Teeth Straightening
Do clear braces take longer?
The time it takes to treat mild to moderate orthodontic issues of clear braces is the same as metal braces. However, clear braces are more expensive because of its aesthetic appeal.
Does it hurt?
Getting clear braces isn’t painful. If you prefer ceramic or plastic brackets, the brackets are bonded to your teeth and the wires may need constant adjustments. As the wires are tightened, you’ll feel sore from time to time. The wires could also rub against the inside of your mouth which can cause temporary discomfort. Our Taft Hill Orthodontics office will make sure that you are comfortable during the treatment process.
Do clear braces turn yellow?
When orthodontists use low-quality braces, it can break down over time and discolor. This won’t be an issue with high-quality braces. Also, the elastic ties could turn yellow over time which makes the braces appear yellowish. Luckily, the ties are removable, and it can be changed every appointment.
What can you not eat with transparent bracket braces?
The ceramic brackets won’t stain, but they aren’t resistant to discoloration. Therefore, you need to avoid eating deeply colored foods like coffee, wine, and tomato juice. The dark pigments of these kinds of food can cause the material to stain.
Can you drink coffee while wearing these?
Yes. But coffee contains dark pigments that could stain the braces, bands, and brackets of your clear braces. If you still want to drink coffee, remember to rinse your mouth with mouthwash or water after drinking.
Clear bracket braces Near Greeley, CO
Committed to Excellent Orthodontia Care Experience
When choosing a dentist it should be near where you live, work, or go to school as it can save you a lot of time and money. Expect to have several treatments and follow-up appointments along with your routine visits later; thus, having a dental office nearby can make dental visits more convenient. Aside from location, you also need to look for dentists who have excellent reviews for clear braces and the one you feel has the skill to work with your needs.
Request a Complimentary Consultation to preview your New Smile @ Taft Hill Orthodontics, Greeley, CO
- Straighten teeth without braces
- Health savings account (HSA). (n.d.). https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/health-savings-account-hsa/
- Invisalign: Orthodontics Unwired