Invisalign uses a system of removable, see-through trays rather than the wires and brackets that braces use. Let’s take a closer look at Invisalign and see why so many people choose this treatment to align their teeth.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), it is important to have properly aligned teeth as this helps to protect not only our dental but overall health. You may have come to the realization that your child needs to have their teeth straightened, but now the question is how best to accomplish this – clear aligners or traditional braces? Simply put, both methods gently move your child’s teeth into the correct alignment, but
What are the benefits of Invisalign over other types of Aligners and Braces?
Here are the top advantages that this treatment has over other methods:
- Treats many conditions – This treatment can address overbite, openbite, crossbite, excessive overjet, crowding, gaps between teeth.
- Easier to clean – Braces can be difficult to maintain. They need to be cleaned carefully after eating to keep food from getting stuck and causing plaque and cavities. Aligner trays are simple to remove, no matter where you are, and easy to brush and clean
- Removable – Unlike traditional or other types of braces, Invisalign is not permanently attached to your teeth in any way. The aligners can be easily removed when you eat, drink, brush or floss.
- Comfortable – There are no wires or brackets or sharp edges with Invisalign. Instead, the trays are smooth so they won’t cause any painful cuts or sores inside your mouth. They are comfortable to wear for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Fewer Office Visits – With this treatment, the patient receives aligners in advance so they can progress to the next stage of treatment without coming into the office. Visits will still need to be made to check the progress but not as many as metal braces, which require more frequent visits to tighten wires and bands.
- Shorter treatment time – Depending on the severity of the issue, this treatment could take between 6 months to 2 years, on average. In comparison, traditional braces could expect to take between 1 and 3 years, depending on the case.
- Nearly Invisible – These are made from a clear plastic material which is usually hard to detect. There are no wires or brackets so most people will not even notice.
The advantages of Invisalign are plentiful and the results will be evident pretty quickly. One thing for certain is that treatment will result in an even, healthy looking smile.
Related article: What are Invisalign Attachments?
- How Does Invisalign Compare to Direct to Consumer Aligners
Despite the fact that they are both transparent aligners, these two devices are very different. Examine the differences between Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners to choose which is best for you. Invisalign Vs Direct to Consumer Aligners: A Comparison Because of its near-invisibility, Invisalign and Direct to Consumer Aligners are both popular kinds of […]
- Know the Benefits of Invisalign Retainers for Your Smile
After you’ve transformed your smile using Invisalign treatment, you will need to keep it from moving back to its original position with Vivera Retainers. These are custom-made retainers that are as invisible as your Invisalign treatment. Why do I need a retainer after Invisalign treatment? You need retainers because if you do not wear one […]